How to pay for your doula with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
A great way to pay for doulas!
In the age of technology paying for a doula has become so much easier. It's no longer just cash and checks that you need to mail out or meet up for, many doulas accept payments via credit card and paypal now as well. While doulas are not covered by most health insurance plans. Doulas can be paid for with HSA (or FSA) accounts.
What you will need to do
- Find a doula who takes HSA payment.
- Make sure your HSA or FSA plan covers doulas. Check their website, it usually says what is covered and what is not.
- Get a detailed copy of your receipt or invoice from your doula. It may be requested by your HSA company to approve the charge.
What doulas need to do:
- Make sure you are set up to take HSA payments. I just called my credit card processing company and they adjusted my account to accommodate HSA payments. I go through Stripe, but you can do this with Square as well.
- Provide your clients with a detailed invoice.
- It must included when service began, the type of service and client responsibility.