My Philosophy of Birth
So much of television and media portray birth to be a big scary event. When in reality birth can be peaceful, and empowering regardless of the setting or choices each person makes for their birth. Home or hospital, I am happy to support you and whatever choices you make for your birth. I have worked with several families who are high risk, are attempting a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC), or have scheduled Cesarean Birth. I also supports individuals who have a history of abuse, and women who have chosen to adopt their baby to another family.
- 1-2 prenatal visits to learn more about you, your hopes for your birth, discuss any fears or concerns
- Help creating a birth plan, highly recommend a visual birth plan
- On-call from the time of hire until your baby is born
- Unlimited phone and email support during your pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- Guaranteed back up doula
- 1-2 postpartum visits
- Access to the lending library
- Providing labor support
- Photo's of the birth and immediate postpartum
What I Won't Do
- Tell you horror stories - The last thing you need is to stress about other peoples birth experiences.
- Perform vaginal exams, blood pressure checks, fetal heart monitoring - These are things I will leave up to your medical providers.
- Give medical advice- I may make some suggestions of things you can ask your Midwife or Doctor.
- Judge you or force my personal beliefs on you.
Payment plans accepted
I accept payment via cash, paypal, check or credit card (HSA and FSA accepted)
No one will ever be turned away regardless of the ability to pay.
For more information behind the rates of a doula, check out my blog.
- Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
- Ina Mays Guide to Breastfeeding
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn
- The Baby Book
- The Breastfeeding Book
- The Birth Partner
- Brain Rules for Baby
- How Children Learn
- Birthing from Within
- Childbirth Without Fear
- Birth Without Violence
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution
- The Continuum Concept
- Unconditional Parenting