My Philosophy of Birth
So much of television and media portray birth to be a big scary event. When in reality birth can be peaceful, and empowering regardless of the setting or choices each person makes for their birth. Home or hospital, I am happy to support you and whatever choices you make for your birth. I have worked with several families who are high risk, are attempting a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC), or have scheduled Cesarean Birth. I also supports individuals who have a history of abuse, and women who have chosen to adopt their baby to another family.
- 1-2 prenatal visits to learn more about you, your hopes for your birth, discuss any fears or concerns
- Help creating a birth plan, highly recommend a visual birth plan
- On-call from the time of hire until your baby is born
- Unlimited phone and email support during your pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- Guaranteed back up doula
- 1-2 postpartum visits
- Access to the lending library
- Providing labor support
- Photo's of the birth and immediate postpartum
What I Won't Do
- Tell you horror stories - The last thing you need is to stress about other peoples birth experiences.
- Perform vaginal exams, blood pressure checks, fetal heart monitoring - These are things I will leave up to your medical providers.
- Give medical advice- I may make some suggestions of things you can ask your Midwife or Doctor.
- Judge you or force my personal beliefs on you.
Payment plans accepted
I accept payment via cash, venmo, paypal, check or credit card (HSA and FSA accepted)
$100 discount when services are paid in full.
No one will ever be turned away regardless of the ability to pay.
For more information behind the rates of a doula, check out my blog.
- Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
- Ina Mays Guide to Breastfeeding
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn
- The Baby Book
- The Breastfeeding Book
- The Birth Partner
- Brain Rules for Baby
- How Children Learn
- Birthing from Within
- Childbirth Without Fear
- Birth Without Violence
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution
- The Continuum Concept
- Unconditional Parenting